Kuih Bahulu or Kuih Baulu is the same cake just different pronunciation.This cake is almost similar with Madeleines .Both these cake needs their special mould to bake .Kuih bahulu is usually baked during the festive seasons such as Hari Raya or Chinese New Year. These sweet and eggy kuih is usually baked during the festive seasons such as Hari Raya and Chinese New Year. Kuih bahulu comes in different shapes based on mold used.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil/butter (optional)
- Beat the eggs with an electric hand-mixer until frothy and then add sugar. Continue to beat until the sugar is well dissolved and the mixture becomes sticky.
- Add in the vanilla essence and fold in the flour gradually and then add in the cooking oil/butter. Continue to beat the batter with the hand-mixer until well-blended. Grease the kuih bahulu moulds and fill up to the surface level.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375 degree Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove bahulu from the moulds and cool on wire racks. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
n.a, 2010, June 12, Kuih Bahulu Recipe. MySimpleFood, Retrieved May 12, 2012, from http://www.mysimplefood.com/2010/06/kuih-bahulu-recipe.html.